It’s time to update your swatchbox, The new Curious Collection swatchbook was released by Appleton Coated. In addition to the incredibly tactile sheets the grade is known for, now designers have yet another option when looking for a textured and sustainable paper – Curious Matter®. A sheet whose finish is as unique as its pedigree, Curious Matter is made with potato starch and is a nice compliment to the existing papers in the Curious Collection.
Available in cover weight only, “Curious Matter provides an unexpected texture with a richly matte surface and deep, ultra-pigmented colors,” says Ferkó X. Goldinger, marketing manager. “Curious Matter’s texture is achieved through a revolutionary, patented process where potato waste, up-cycled from the food industry, is metamorphosed into a sophisticated and tactile paper. The raw potato starch used in this process is a by-product of the food industry and is released from the processing of potatoes into chips and fries.”
The new swatchbook shows off the tactile feel of Curious Matter® on its cover, featuring Goya White 100#C, its paired with the silky smoothness of SKIN Curious Collection® Extra White 91 lb Text for the internal stock booklet. The Curious Translucents Clear 29 #T overlays in the swatch sections showing the full spectrum of Curious’ color. Other colors in the Curious Matter lineup include: Purple Majesty, Ibizenca Sand, Desiree Red, Andina Grey, Adiron Blue and Black truffle.
In addition to the Curious Matter, Curious Collection includes:
- Curious Metallics – glittering alloy effects with a luminescent sheen offering a play of light.
- Curious Cosmic® – otherworldly cover-only sheet with a remarkable soft matte metal effect
- SKIN Curious Collection® – exudes touchability with vibrant, even, matte colors and a smooth, sensual texture
- Curious Translucents – natural translucent papers that layer a sophisticated veil of show-through seduction
- Curious Particles – 100% recycled papers filled with gold, silver or white flecks that add interest and sparkle
- Curious Touch – features a fuzzy feel reminiscent of a peach
Here’s a peek at how one creative uses Curious Matter: