If you are looking for the perfect paper to impart that special holiday feel to your next print project, consider one of the pearlescent or metallic text and cover papers available today. With the use of mica coatings, these papers lend themselves beautifully to print, allowing the luminosity of the sheet to show through the ink. Made without metals, the only special attention required when printing on these gorgeous substrates is oxidizing inks.
These papers not only look beautiful printed but lend themselves equally well to embossing, letterpress and die-cutting – oh and did we mention they also print well with most toner based applications? And if you’re thinking about using them for a wedding suite or holiday card, many offer matching envelopes in a variety of sizes. Not sure where to start – here’s a list of our faves:
- Esse by Neenah Paper in Pearlized Latte, Crystal, Cocoa, Opal, Silver and White -gorgeous in both smooth and textured finishes
- Starwhite by Neenah Paper in Flash White, Flash Pearl and Flash Blue with a fiery shimmer
- Shine by Reich Paper in over twenty colors with beautiful deep tones like Onyx and Midnight – bonus they have matching square sized envelopes available
- Curious Metallics by ArjoWiggins and distributed by Appleton Coated, one of the originals in this category with a vast array of colors, all of which are FSC certfified and some offer 100% PCW options
- Aspire Petallics by CTI Paper in a variety of gorgeous colors like Autumn Hay, Beargrass and Copper Ore, these come in both smooth and linen finishes and are suited for toner with some also formulated for on ink-jet
- Stardream from Italian paper-maker Gruppo Cordenons distributed by Neenah Paper in over thirty amazing colors
Join Parse & Parcel to get a preview of papers like these shimmery beauties and see how creatives are using them in real-life projects.
Image via Gruppo Cordenons